Chronic diseases are the leading cause of death and disability in the United States. According to the CDC, 6 in 10 Americans have at least one chronic disease and 4 in 10 have multiple. Additionally, 90% of health care costs are spent on chronic conditions care. These numbers demonstrate that chronic diseases are both widespread, deadly, and expensive. We are addressing these issue through Principal Care Management (PCM) here at Frontier.
What are Principal Care Management (PCM) Services?
Principal Care Management (PCM) is a service provided by Frontier NeuroHealth, specifically with Wanda Webb RN. Medicare covers this service for patients with high-risk health conditions. These services are offered by a registered nurse for patients that may benefit from increased care management due to the complexity of their illness.
Why Should I Enroll in a PCM Program?
Patients who enroll in PCM services most commonly have at least one high risk medical condition, lasting at least 3 months. In general, enrolled patients are identified as individuals who would benefit from additional monitoring or oversight of their health, including medication adjustments and a higher level of medical management. Some reasons why patients should consider enrolling in PCM services are:
- Chronic diseases are the leading cause of death and disability in the United States.
- Enrolling in PCM services can help prevent or reduce hospitalizations and adverse health events.
- You’ll receive an individualized care plan, specifically targeted to treat and manage your serious health condition.
- You can send messages to your physician and care team securely.
What Does This Do For Me as a Patient?
Besides building a closer relationship with your healthcare team, this program also:
- Provides health status updates to your doctor
- Works to keep you functioning at your best, which may reduce the amount of in-office doctor visits and hospitalizations
- For some conditions, can remotely monitor and record changes in your health condition over time
- Provides you with additional support from your care team
- Assists you with community resources you may not be aware of
- Provides coordination between healthcare providers
How do I Sign up?
- Ask your healthcare provider if PCM is right for you
- If your doctor orders PCM, the RN will contact you with more information on how to enroll
- You will sign an agreement which you can revoke at any time
What is the Cost?
- PCM is a covered benefit under Medicare Part B & your supplemental insurance
- Your annual deductible and coinsurance apply. Once these are met, there should not be any charge to you